- ExtendMed uses the Internet to provide various information and resources, including medical training and education courses to the professional healthcare community. We rely on our users to provide data that includes mailing and e-mail addresses and other profile information. In addition, user feedback and course evaluation data allow us to better understand the specific needs of medical professionals.
- As a part of ExtendMed’s training and education operations, we collect, and in some cases, disclose information about users. Please read the following Privacy Statement on ExtendMed’s policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of user information.
- If you are uncomfortable with the terms or policies described in this Statement, you may discontinue use of our site and send confidential correspondence through the postal service to the address below. ExtendMed may periodically update or revise this Statement; please check frequently for changes.
- The privacy and security pertaining to the information that our users provide is a serious matter, therefore ExtendMed, Inc. has established the following Privacy Statement for our organization and users.
- The purpose of this policy is to outline the internal and external privacy of users in ExtendMed’s system. These rules are in place to protect the users of ExtendMed’s websites. Inappropriate use exposes ExtendMed to risks including virus attacks, compromise of network systems and services, and legal issues.
- This policy applies to the collection of information by ExtendMed for users on electronic and computing devices and network resources owned by ExtendMed and used to conduct ExtendMed business or interact with internal networks and business systems, whether owned or leased by ExtendMed, the employee, or a third party.
- This policy applies to employees, contractors, consultants, temporaries, and other workers at ExtendMed, including all personnel affiliated with third parties. This policy applies to all equipment that is owned or leased by ExtendMed.
- Logging and Cookies
- While a code in the cookie file enables the site to label you as a particular user, it does not identify you by name or address unless you have provided the site with such information or set up preferences in your browser to do so automatically.
- You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and you may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
- In general, cookies allow us to identify you as a particular user and thus provide you with a more customized service.
- What Information is Collected
- ExtendMed collects the domain name and email addresses of users to our site, information volunteered by the user such as quiz/evaluation information and/or site registrations.
- This collected information is used to send confirmations, reminders and follow-up email correspondence regarding meetings, web conferences and other activities; to notify users about updates, provide confirmation on course completions and to configure and customize User preferences to improve their program experiences.
- “Agent” means any third party that collects or uses personal information under the instructions of, and solely for, ExtendMed or to which ExtendMed discloses personal information for use on ExtendMed’s behalf.
- “Personal Information” or “Information” means information that (1) is transferred from the EU to the United States; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about, or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health. In addition, ExtendMed will treat as sensitive personal information any information received from a third party where that third party treats and identifies the information as sensitive.
- “Sponsor” means a pharmaceutical or biotech company or their agents that contract with ExtendMed to provide User services.
- ExtendMed and Its Agents and Program Sponsors
- ExtendMed is a United States based corporation, which also operates with several international agents and pharmaceutical and biotech program sponsors. ExtendMed requires all agents and sponsors to honor its Privacy Policies.
1. ExtendMed shall inform an individual of the purpose for which it collects and uses the Personal Information and the types of non-agent third parties to which ExtendMed discloses or may disclose that Information. ExtendMed shall provide the Individual with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Information and ExtendMed will abide by those choices.
2. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Information to ExtendMed, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before ExtendMed uses or discloses the Information for a purpose other than for which is was originally collected.
Onward Transfers to Agents
1. ExtendMed does not release Personal Information about users or their use of this site to any third party that does not comply with Safe Harbor policies and without notification to the User.
1. ExtendMed will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Information is to be disclosed to a non-agent third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
2. For Sensitive Personal Information, ExtendMed will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly (opt in) consent to the disclosure of their information to a non-agent third party or the use of their information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
- Data Security
1. ExtendMed shall take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. ExtendMed has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
2. ExtendMed uses industry-standard data-encryption technology when transferring or receiving personal information on this site. We maintain appropriate security measures in our physical facilities to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of information we have collected from you at our site.
3. ExtendMed uses a secure server and security protocol to safeguard the information users submit.
4. To help ensure the security of users personal and financial information (other than via an email message), ExtendMed uses security software to encrypt the information before and during its transmission through the Internet.
5. Email messages are not secure. ExtendMed security software does not encrypt email messages. Email messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration and copying by potentially any party on the Internet. ExtendMed is not responsible for the security of confidentiality of communications sent to us through the Internet using email messages. Instead, ExtendMed may notify you through a general email that a message exists on our secure website for you to view. You would then securely log-in to our secure server to view the specific content of that waiting message.
- Data Integrity
1. ExtendMed shall only process Personal Information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, ExtendMed shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
1. Upon request, ExtendMed will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information that it holds about them. In addition, ExtendMed will take reasonable steps to add, correct, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
2. Users may obtain from us, by mail, the information about them in our files. If you believe the information we have about you in our records or files is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request, via e-mail (or other form of communication), that we make any necessary additions or corrections or, to the extent that it is feasible, that we delete this information from our files. Users may send such requests via email or write to ExtendMed at the address below.
3. If you would like a description of the required procedures for reviewing and requesting correction of this information, or if you would like a more complete description of the persons to whom ExtendMed discloses information about you, or the circumstances which might warrant such disclosures, please contact ExtendMed via email or write to the address below.
1. ExtendMed will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Policy. Any employee or agent that ExtendMed determines is in violation of this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or commercial engagement.
- Dispute Resolution
- Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to ExtendMed at the address given below.
- ExtendMed will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure or personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy.
- Change of Ownership
- In the event of change in ownership, or a direct merger or acquisition with another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of ExtendMed User information, including Personal Data, to a separate entity.
- We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you (by posting on our website or issuing an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided when you registered) of any change of ownership; merger or acquisition of ExtendMed by a third party, and you may choose to modify any of your registration information at that time.
- The ExtendMed website contains links to other web sites. When users click on one of these links, they are moving to another web site. Users should read the Privacy Statements of these linked sites.
- Limitation on Application of Principles
- Policy Compliance
ExtendMed will verify compliance to this policy through various methods, including but not limited to, business tool reports, internal and external audits, and feedback to the policy owner.
Any exception to the policy must be approved in advance.
An employee found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Related Standards, Policies, Processes